Monday, August 6, 2007

Welcome!



This beautiful tree blooms every year in front of our home for David's and my anniversary. We call it our Anniversary tree. The rest of the year it is a pretty Ho-Hum tree...nothing spectacular. But when it blooms...you can see it down the street, several people stop by and notice it...it is quite beautiful. It often reminds me that my marriage needs to "bloom" all year not just for show or periodically.

That is why I am so excited about our new Book Club and the opportunity we will have to read through "Feminine Appeal" by Carolyn Mahaney.

My hope is that as we gather every other Tuesday, we will be encouraging each other towards Biblical womanhood. That is also the purpose for this blog...here I want to hear from you. You can let us know how the week is going, how you are applying what we have learned and also catch-up should you think you missed something.
Our first meeting is on Tuesday, August 28th at 7:00 pm at my home. There is no assignment for that night...we will just be getting together to set goals and the format of the night. Those who have not purchased the book yet, you have about three weeks to do so.
I have read the first two chapters of the book and I find it warm, encouraging and very biblical. Carolyn writes "As we embark on this study we must remember that it is our God and Savior Jesus Christ who makes it possible to display the loveliness of the Gospel"
So that is what I hope for...not just occasionally or once a year...but that we continually display the beauty of what it is to be a Godly wife, mother, friend and neighbor.

7 comments:

Jeffrey Pylant said...

Did JANET create this blog all by herself? If so, I feel like a proud papa!

Julie said...

My Dearest Friend Janet!
I am so proud of you for creating this blog. I really have no idea how these work so I will be learning as we go along.
For all of the "girls" that will be joining in this wonderful book club that don't know you as well as I do I would like to share with them how much I love you and cherish your friendship.
I met Janet at Apples of Gold about 4 years ago and our friendship has grown stronger with each passing day.
Janet lives her life for Christ and continues to immerse herself in studying the scriptures and sharing what she has learned with those around her. I look forward to every conversation we have because she always has something new to share whether it is a new friend she has met, a scripture that has touched her, John MacArthur..., or the excitement of this new book club.
The Lord has blessed me with this priceless and most genuine friendship. I pray that all of your lives will be touched by the contents of this book and I look forward to reading it along with you.
Although I am in Nashville I am so excited to be able to meet, encourage and pray with each and every one of you through this blog.

Love,
Julie

Yvette said...

Testing, testing 123.

Stacey said...

Testing...

Yvette said...

#2 testing

Yvette said...

#2 testing

Unknown said...

Janet, And you thought you were technologically challenged... No way!