Monday, August 13, 2007

A Sneak Peek

A few of you have gotten the book "Feminine Appeal" and for those that still don't, Melissa was going to order a few more. Please let her know and she will be glad to include yours. They should be in by Sunday.
Thanks to all of you who have enthusiastically responded to this "Girls Chat"....Just to whet your whistle a bit more here is a quote from the Carolyn's book from the chapter on the "blessings of loving my children"

"Just when I figure out how to mother a kindergartner, it seems I have a first grader standing before me instead. I have just learned to love and live with a nine year old when the nine year old vanishes. leaving a pre-adolescent in his place. They don't stay still long enough for me to have my fill of them ever! "stop" I want to shout..."Let's just do it this way for a little while, let's stay right here" But the moment is inexorable--up and out, away into the future".

How true every word is...Let's seize the moment...squeeze every breath out of the day and make lasting memories that will always bring us back to the preciousness of what it is to have children. Today don't let the "things we have to do" rob us of the ones we are with...enjoy, make memories, bask in the moment!





One last thought...the reference I was sharing yesterday about husbands and wives was from Ephesians not Peter...Reference is Ephesians 5:25-29.

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Ok now I am blogging!

Janet said...

Barbara...It is a wonderful blessing to come to the point of not rushing time. They do grow up quickly...when we are in the throws of childhood with them we don't see it. Lately I have been remembering so much of their childhood...I can't go back. But we do have great memories. And also having two older than Josh and Hannah, I have to remember to experience things with them with the same "newness" and interest that I did with Jess and KT.
Thanks for the e-mail...now that you can blog...we can chat!

Yvette said...

Hi Janet,
What a wonderful blog you have created here. I am embarrassed to say this is my first time at this page, I did not realize I needed to click on "girls chat here" to view the entire blog. I have been missing out. Do you think everyone knows where to click to get to this page? This is my first time in Blog space, what a strange computer term, don't ya think. What you have created here is a beautiful garden where ladies are welcome to come and take a walk, admire the beautiful flowers and blooming trees; find a bench to sit down on and feel the cool breeze blowing in their hair while listening to the words of wisdom from a Godly wife/mother and friend. (That’s what entered my mind while scrolling and reading the daily posts) I am truly blessed to know you, and eager to learn what God has to say through you. Thank you Janet.

I like what you typed about holding on to each day with your children...that post brought me to tears because I so struggle with wanting to hug my children a little bit longer, only to hear them say to me "mommy put me down, your hugging me to hard, I want to go and play now" I so often wish my children had stayed 6 months a little bit longer. Once I became confident in the stages my young toddlers were in, no soon would they be on to the next mile stone. Of course there have also been moments when I feverishly prayed for God to quickly rescue me from the stages of the trying and temperamental twos, when as a mother I felt like a failure not being able to calm my fussy toddler. At ages 3 and 4 my children tell me to leave them alone, they insist on doing what feels like everything on their own. There are days when I feel like I have two rebellious teenagers in my home instead of two young pre school aged children.
What a relief to know i can come to this wonderful Biblical botanical garden you have created (i just can't bring myself to call this a blog)and feel rest assured knowing we are all striving for the same thing. "To be just as God wants us to be"