Friday, March 14, 2008

Smile it is Friday!

If you have not caught up with the past few posts, take a look. Kim left a great comment with additional insights on yesterday's post...
Those that are reading along in "Praying Backwards" what are your thoughts on the Civil War soldier's prayer? (page 37-38)

"I asked God for strength that I might achieve,
I was made weak that I might humbly learn to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do great things.
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy.
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything that I hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
among all men I am most richly blessed"

The discovery of true blessing always depicts the journey that God's desire is always to give us more fully, graciously and suitably the very things we want but mistakenly seek elsewhere.

ETERNITY WAS PUT IN OUR HEART...WE WILL NEVER BE SATISFIED UNTIL WE ARE SATISFIED IN CHRIST. ALL THE LONGINGS WE HAVE FOR THINGS ARE MEANT TO LEAD US TO CHRIST, WHERE WE CAN FIND FULL SATISFACTION.



THOUGHTS?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

have a great weekend!

No comments: