Friday, December 7, 2007

Smile it is Friday....

Yvette writes regarding her focus of Christmas:

"I have always told my children that Christmas day is Jesus' Birthday, and that is why we celebrate Christmas. I also explained to my children, ages three and four that Santa is just the party planner for Baby Jesus' Birthday. I have only taken my children to see Santa once in their whole life. This year i told the children the truth....yes the real truth.....it's not really Santa, just a man wearing a fancy costume ; )The children know that the gifts they receive are from family members not Santa.Last year was the last time we left cookies out for Santa.To be quite honest, both children were frightened at the thought of a stranger coming into their house, even if they were leaving gifts. Every year the kids help stir the batter to make a birthday cake for baby Jesus. After Christmas dinner, we all sing happy birthday to Jesus."
Thanks Yvette for those encouraging words! I especially love that you make Santa "the party planner"!

Hope this clip for the "Smile it is Friday" post will bring a smile to your heart!
Have a wonderful weekend. Janet

No comments: