Thursday, December 20, 2007

Always have an answer for the Hope you have...

Yesterday began at 5:00 a.m. and ended at 10:45 p.m. It began with David and I rising early to get ready to take Hannah to the hospital for her colonoscopy (which went very well other than some upper irritation which we believe can be healed). As soon as the procedure was over, we were beeped to go back and see her and the doctor. Looking at her sweet little face still under the anaesthesia the doctor came out to tell us it all went fine. My intuitive response is to say out loud "Praise God"...there in a single sentence is my hope. It was not in the doctor, or the medical procedure or even the incredible tool the doctor was using to look inside Hannah....it was in God Himself. The outcome could have been different, more severe...the result could have been one which many also face...but the Hope for perseverance through whatever the Lord brings would have been the same...Christ! Hope that is focused and anchored in Christ never fails!

I remember talking to Hannah about the outcome of the test a week ago. I noticed she was very anxious and tense. We talked about what did she fear...she said "that the test would show something bigger". I told her nothing is bigger than God! Whatever came our way, He will be faithful to us...to walk with us and comfort us. I asked her to recite what she knew of God. She began "I KNOW He will never lave me or forsake me".
"I KNOW He will never give me more than I can bear"
"I KNOW when I am weak, He is strong."
"I KNOW He is the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort"

Every time she began with "I KNOW".
The things she knew about God Himself became the Hope in which she anchored her faith.

That is how all of us should take hold every thought...begin with "I KNOW..." Not just "I wish" but the things you know, based in His Word...then every anxious thought will be calmed. Every fear will subside.
A great Pastor once said "The difference between a wish and a prayer is that the prayer Holds God's attention and it is based in His Word"

Practise this yourself this week....when it seems as you have lost hope...go back to what you KNOW of the real HOPE that will never let you down. Jesus is the answer to the hope we have.
-----------------------------------------------------------
SOMETHING FOR FUN...
I am going to try a web Christmas Card exchange. I know...I am treading on thin ice because if the response is low...lets be honest, the idea goes nowhere...but if you can send me your Christmas Family picture with a message and I will post them for the next few days....

Let's try it...now don't let me down!

No comments: